This page lays down the ground rules for this site. By signing up and using this website, you agree to follow the rules listed below. Failure to abide by the rules may result in your pictures or messages being deleted, or your user account as a whole being deleted or banned from the service. Egregious violations, e.g. posting blatantly illegal content will result in a swift ban (and be reported to the relevant law enforcement agency, if applicable). For minor community guideline offenses, you may be contacted by a site administrator to help address the issue.
The website administrator reserves the right to modify these terms in the future. This document was last updated on November 24, 2023.
Any use of the word "we" on this page refers to the royal we; as this website is actually run by just one very passionate software engineer.
- You must be 18+ years old to sign up for this website.
- Real People Only! This website is for real people who are not afraid to show their face. You do not need to post a nude that includes your face, but a face pic is required.
- Verification is required. All members must submit a "verification selfie" that proves they're a real person. No faceless, anonymous profiles!
- Self photos only: all pictures uploaded to your profile page must contain YOU in them. This rule does not apply to forums which may have their own themes.
- Sex-positive "Explicit" photos are permitted but must be marked as such so that members who do not want to see them don't have to.
- Don't do anything illegal according to the law in the United States where this web server resides. Especially, no pedophilia!
- Don't post nonshy members' photos on other sites without their permission. We know there are risks inherent with sharing a photo online but please don't violate members' trust in this website by sharing their pictures on other platforms without their knowledge and consent. Added November 24 2023
- Don't screenshot or record webcams in the chat room. Added November 24 2023
- No hate speech. We take a "zero tolerance" stance against Nazis, TERFs, transphobia, homophobia or other forms of bigotry.
- Be excellent to each other.
Please review the rest of this page for more in-depth explanations about this site's rules and code of conduct.
Since the TOS was originally written, the following are updates and amendments:
- Mar 8 '23: added clarification on whether other people may appear in your photos.
- July 27 '23: highlighted the rule on hate speech in the Summary and added clarification that you should conduct yourself honorably in Direct Message conversations as well.
- Nov 24 '23: spelled out that it is not ethical to download and repost other members' photos onto other sites online without their express knowledge and consent.
This section applies generally across every corner of this website, including but not limited to: the text you write on your profile page, the messages you send to other members, the comments you leave on their photos, and the messages you post in the forums.
This website is for real nudists and exhibitionists who are not afraid to show their face and verify themselves as being a real person.
You do NOT need to include your face and nude body in a picture together; but a picture of your face must be somewhere on your profile page, including as your default profile picture.
The following are the bare minimum requirements for members of this website:
- You must have a face picture as your default profile photo.
- You must upload a "verification selfie" which includes your face and depicts you holding a hand-written note on paper to verify that you're a real person.
Your verification photo will only be seen by site administrators and will not appear on your profile page.
Having a nude pic on your profile is optional, but encouraged. You are on a nudist website after all, and other members will feel more comfortable if you join in!
This website will NOT tolerate hateful content against any minority group, including but not limited to: racism, homophobia, transphobia, sexism, xenophobia, antisemitism, body shaming, sex shaming, or generally being mean to people (or writing mean things about people) on matters of their age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, color of their skin, racial or ethnic background, shape of their body, or other such characteristics.
Members caught engaging in such behaviors will be removed from the community.
Some specific reminders about the Terms of Service as it pertains to the contents of your Direct Messages, whether on the main website or the chat room:
- Hate speech and bullying is NOT tolerated anywhere on the website, including in Direct Messages.
- Do not share hyperlink URLs to websites that facilitate or contain content or activities considered to be illegal in the United States or California where this web server resides.
- Do not share images on the chat room DMs that would otherwise get you banned from the site if you posted it there.
Under our Acceptable Photo Policy we state that there are to be NO pictures of children (even clothed) allowed on this website AT ALL. This section additionally covers non-photo content on the website, including conversations taking place in Direct Messages (whether on the main website or chat room), Forum posts or anywhere else that messages can be written.
It is prohibited to use nonshy's website to facilitate or have conversations about illegal activity (as known to the United States) regarding child sexual abuse (defined in the US as ANY sexual contact between a child under the age of consent, usually 18 years old, with an adult older than 18 years old). Do NOT discuss past or future crimes in violation of the law in this regard. If you have received a DM from a member which ventures into this topic, please report them to the admins or directly contact the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.
The following are a non-exhaustive list of prohibited activities that may result in your nonshy account being banned and/or reported to the relevant law enforcement agency:
- Dropping "hints" on your profile page about pedophilia. We don't want to see any 'dog whistle' hints on your profile page advertising your children or your interest in children. Note: a listing of known dog whistles is intentionally withheld here. Trust that we have a long list of known dog whistles.
- Talking about "nudist families" or "raising your nudist family" or similar: this is a red flag as these conversations all too often are code words for bad news.
- Having conversations over Direct Message (whether on the main website or the chat room) of a criminal nature in regards to the law in the United States.
- Advertising to people that they can come over and 'hang out naked' with your nudist family including your children.
- Attempting to bend or circumvent detection or press on the rules of this website in this regard.
As a good general rule of thumb: if you have children, don't talk about them here.
To help enforce community guidelines, nonshy utilizes automated message filters that run on the chat room and main website which will monitor for keywords and automatically flag conversations for admin review. The primary keywords we monitor for are those relating to child exploitation or hate speech (racial slurs and dog whistles known to be associated with hate groups).
NEW: November 24 2023
It is NOT acceptable to download photos of other nonshy members and repost them onto other websites or apps elsewhere on the Internet (without the express knowledge and consent of the individual pictured). We know there are risks inherent with sharing a picture online but it is a violation of personal autonomy and consent when you learn that your photos were stolen and distributed on social media somewhere without your prior knowledge.
This should have been an obvious rule, but any confirmed violations of this after 2023/11/24 will result in a permanent ban from the nonshy website for any member caught redistributing other members' photos without their permission.
Along similar lines, DO NOT screenshot, take a photograph of, or record webcam feeds in the chat room. People can feel extra vulnerable when they are showing themselves on live webcam in the chat room, and it feels very violating to be recorded without your knowledge.
Your profile page is about you and all photos you upload to it must be pictures of you.
If your pictures also include other people, please be sure that you have the consent of all pictured individuals to upload it to your profile page.
You do not have to include your face in all your pictures! Many nudists are not comfortable showing their face in their nudes and will post "torso shots" or censor their face -- that's OK! You only need one face picture to use as your default profile pic - it can be a clothed, G-rated selfie!
It can be acceptable to post a photo that includes yourself and another person, but please see the following rules:
- Be sure you have the permission of all people in your photo before you upload it.
- You and the other people must be in the same photo together: "split frame" photos where you just combine two wholly separate pictures together into one are not allowed! This is because it's not clear whether you even know the other person pictured or if you had their permission to post it; and to keep on top of avoiding any "exposure blogs" where someone might post pictures of randoms so long as they also composite their own pic next to it.
This is a website for nudists and so "normal nudes" are expected and are the default. Not all nudists want to see sexually explicit material. You MAY upload sexually explicit content but you are expected to mark such photos as "Explicit" so that nudists who don't want to see them can filter them out (which is the default setting).
You do not need to tag your photo as "Explicit" for simply containing non-sexual nudity. Examples of "normal nudes" and non-sexual nudity include, but are not limited to:
- Full body nude photos where the focus of the picture is NOT on the genitalia.
- A flaccid (non-erect) penis, provided it is NOT the focus of the picture.
- Photos taken at nude beaches, nude campgrounds, or other nudist events in a non-sexual context.
- Photos of nude gardening or other activities done in the buff.
- Butt pics are OK: full body nudes taken from behind that show your butt are considered "normal nudes" unless your butt is the sole focus of the picture.
Basically, as long as the photo doesn't fall under the "Explicit Photos & Sexual Content" examples listed below, you do not need to tag your picture as "Explicit."
Explicit photos and sexual content ("exhibitionist photos") are permitted on this website but you agree to tag such photos as "Explicit" in their settings when you upload them.
A photo is considered "explicit" if it depicts any of the following features:
- A close-up view of genitalia or where the genitals are the central focus of the picture.
- An erect penis if the subject has one, especially if they are grabbing it.
- "Spread eagle" pictures that clearly and especially show intimate body parts such as butt holes or vulvae.
- A depiction of a sexual act, including but not limited to: masturbation, oral sex, anal or vaginal penetration, humping, or any content intended to sexually arouse the viewer. If it can be reasonably considered to be "porn" it is an explicit photo.
- Usage of a sex toy or sexual device, including but not limited to: dildos, fleshlights or fleshjacks, "pocket pussies," or things of that nature. Exceptions: certain mild lifestyle devices such as cock rings or chastity cages may be OK (and not require tagging as "Explicit") if the rest of the photo is framed in a non-sexual context.
Even in the context of "Explicit Photos," the following sorts of content is strictly prohibited:
- You may NOT upload any content that is considered to be illegal in the United States or in any of the 50 States therein. This includes, but is not limited to: bestiality (or sexual acts involving animals), child sexually abusive material (CSAM), ANY nude photo depicting a minor person under the age of 18, ANY depictions or fantasies involving rape or sexual violence, ANY nude or sexual content of another person uploaded without their consent ("revenge porn"), ANY depiction of violence or graphical gore (sexual or otherwise), or other unlawful content.
- You may NOT upload sexual material depicting extreme or commonly offensive content including, but not limited to: watersports (peeing onto or into another person), scat (any depiction of obviously apparent fecal matter), prolapsed rectum, anal fisting, blood play, or other such content that an average person would consider to be shocking or revolting.
This is an adult website and all people depicted on it MUST be of legal age (18 years or older). Do not upload any picture that includes a minor -- clothed or otherwise.
- We can not guarantee that service will be uninterrupted, error-free or completely secure. You acknowledge that there are risks inherent in Internet connectivity that could result in the loss of your privacy, Confidential Information and property.
- We can not guarantee that your content (messages, profile data, photos or forum posts) will be safe from data loss or catastrophic failure of our service, and request that you keep your own backups of anything important or sentimental.
We always appreciate your ideas and criticisms about features for this website. Should we implement a feature that you have requested, we are under no obligation to compensate you monetarily for the idea just as you are under no obligation to suggest your ideas.